This three-day training offers theoretical knowledge and the practice of basic skills necessary for crisis intervention. This is an important program for our members and is led by Chris Carlough, SMART International Organizer/SMART MAP Program Coordinator.
The core components that comprise MAP training are:
- SMART MAP Overview
- Addiction: The Disease Model
- Relapse Sequence
- Stages of Change and Motivational Interviewing
- Confidentiality and Ethics for Peer Representatives
- Legal Issues
- Weed Inc.: The Colorado Experiment
- Navigation of the Health Insurance/Treatment Center World
- Suicide Prevention
- Aftercare Programs that Work for a Lifetime
- Changing the Culture of Our Union: Ending the Stigma of Addiction
Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.