Safety & Health Information
OSHA Confined Space for Construction
OSHA Hazard Communication Standard is now aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemical (GHS)
(CPWR) The Center for Construction Research and Training Information
- Information on the risks and prevention of hand injuries, including what to look for when choosing hand tools and gloves.
- Designed for owners, contractors, & workers, Construction Solutions is a database of work hazards, & practical control measures to reduce or eliminate hazards.
- The ROI Calculator helps evaluate the financial impact of new equipment introduced to improve safety. Materials and work practices can also be evaluated
- The Electronic Library of Construction Occupational Safety and Health (eLCOSH.org) was developed to provide accurate, user-friendly information about safety and health for construction workers, employers, researchers and others interested in construction safety and health from a wide range of sources worldwide.
- The website for The Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction, a joint effort by government-labor-management to address the top cause of construction industry fatalities. Each year in the U.S. more than 200 construction workers are killed and over 10,000 are seriously injured by falls.
- A one-stop source of information on how to prevent a silica hazard and protect workers.
- The site established by the Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO to distribute the Smart Mark training curriculum. To access this site, you need a user name and password from your international union.
- The fifth edition of The Construction Chart Book presents the most complete data available on all facets of the U.S. construction industry: economic, demographic, employment/income, education/training, and safety and health issues, plus much more.
- Safety Culture and Climate in Construction: Bridging the Gap Between Research and Practice
- Safety Management in the Construction Industry: Identifying Risks and Reducing Accidents to Improve Site Productivity and Project ROI
- Hazard Communication
- Ladder safety
- IMPACT cards detail CPWR research projects and the impact they are having on workers’, contractors’, and other stakeholders’ awareness of hazards, and industry’s use of interventions to reduce illness and injuries on construction jobsites.
- CPWR Reports
- Materials for Workers
- Research Findings & Technical Publications