Fall Steps Challenge
According to the Mayo Clinic, a regular brisk walk can have many benefits. Walking can help you:
- Maintain a healthy weight and lose fat
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer and Type 2 diabetes
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve endurance
- Improve your mood, cognition, memory and sleep
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Strengthen immune system
- Reduce stress and tension
Walking is one of the simplest, easiest forms of exercise, but for many of us it can still be difficult to get motivated. That’s where the SMOHIT Steps Challenge comes in.
All participants can sign up for a T-shirt and have the chance to win gift cards and other exciting prizes. Grab your group of four or more to create a top step team. Individuals are also welcome to join in on the fun and compete for individual accomplishments and prizes. Participants who are not a member of a team of four or more after the registration deadline will be entered as individuals.