SMOHIT STEPS CHALLENGE PROGRAM DISCLAIMER
The Sheet Metal Occupational Health Industry Trust (“SMOHIT”) is not a licensed medical-care provider and it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. By participating in this SMOHIT STEPS Challenge program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge SMOHIT from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of SMOHIT or its vendors’ negligence.
Welcome to the SMOHIT STEPS Challenge
At SMOHIT our mission, in addition to our health screening program, is to provide industry-leading health and safety solutions that minimize occupational illnesses and injuries for our members in the sheet metal industry.
As an added benefit of membership, we are hosting a little friendly competition — a STEPS Challenge.
The top 15 individuals who have the highest number of steps for six weeks – June 15th to July 31st – will win big.
The first, and biggest, prize will be experiencing the health benefits of the easiest, and free, exercise everyone can do.
The benefits of walking are extensive, and include:
- Burns calories
- Strengthens back muscles
- Slims waist
- Strengthens bones
- Lowers blood pressure
- Shapes and tones your legs
- Cuts cholesterol
- Reduces risk of heart disease & diabetes
- Reduces stress
- Helps to sleep better
There are 2 ways to win!
There are 2 ways to win!
1) Join your Local Union team. The team with the highest percentage of member participants will win a team prize.
2) The top 15 individuals with the highest number of steps will win.
As an added bonus, the first 10 individuals who register to join the STEPS Challenge will receive a $10 gift card.
Here is how you can get stepping (pun intended)
We are using ChallengeRuner to automatically track everyone’s step. You simply need to create an account and connect your desired tracking device or mobile app, which include:
- Apple Health – iPhone mobile app
- Google Fit – Android mobile app
To get stepping:
- Go to: https://www.ChallengeRunner.com/login/challenge/3846/27624/39e488d2a4
- Create new account
- Select your Local Union or other team name
- Click the orange “Trackers” button
- Select the device or mobile app you would like to use to track your steps
- Click Authorize
- And follow the instructions for connecting your device or mobile app
Instructions for connecting a specific device or mobile app.
Click here to link to FAQ Page